[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board minutes – 9/20/11
smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 14:37:25 UTC 2011
Attending: Chris Muller, Bert Freudenberg, Colin Putney, Randal
Schwartz, Levente Uzonyi, Jecel Assumpacao Jr., Chris Cunnington
* The relationship with the Software Freedom Conservancy is working
as the process of disbursing funds has been shown to work.
* It was agreed that the Software Architecture Group at Potsdam does
great work and we should find a way to draw more attention to it,
perhaps on squeak.org.
* It was acknowledged that these days in open source Smalltalk there
is a great deal of effort going into the VM, which is a great
thing. And it was posited that when this burst of VM creativity
eases, there will likely be a surge of changes in the image
reflecting the new possibilities.
* The release of a 4.3 image of Squeak is beginning to gather its
* A discussion on the state of the Squeak community was had.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Squeak-dev