[squeak-dev] Fwd: [Pharo-project] type-inference: it works!

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 10:20:06 UTC 2012

I ported Francisco Garau's TypeInference engine to Squeak (well,
changed the one thing I needed to make it run on Squeak), and Marcus
noted the following:

Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr> says:

> > It turns out that in Pharo we use Association and in Squeak we use
> > ReadOnlyVariableBinding; by changing VariableNode >> #isSharedVarNode

> You should think about cleaning that up... in the SystemDictonary, old classes
> are ReadOnlyVariableBinding, new ones are Associations. The code to make
> a binding into a ReadOnlyVariableBinding is never called...

Given that I know next to nothing about this part of Squeak, I offer
it up to those more knowledgeable than I for assessment!

frank