[squeak-dev] Xtreams doesn't load into Squeak trunk

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 21:49:09 UTC 2012

I'll take a further look into the issue, but in my clean #11995 I just
tried to load Xtreams:

Installer ss
       project: 'MetacelloRepository';
       install: 'ConfigurationOfXtreams'.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfXtreams) project bleedingEdge load

and I get a debugger saying there's an MNU: an ExternalFunction
class(Object) doesn't understand #callingConventionModifierFor: in
Parser>>externalFunctionDeclaration.

That method's been around a while - eem touched it last back in 2009,
which is well before I first played with Xtreams [1] - so it's not
like strange new behaviour landed in the image.

I can see that the ConfigurationOf pulls in FFI - FFI-Kernel-tbn.20,
FFI-Pools-eem.2 are loaded at this point - and it's during the loading
of FFI-Tests-jcg.4 that I hit a problem.

I wonder if anyone else can replicate the issue?

frank

[1] http://www.lshift.net/blog/2010/11/29/xtreams-framework-for-squeak