[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Styled Text Editor for Cuis 4.0 Smalltalk

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 06:17:10 UTC 2012

Hi Juan

On 4/27/12, Juan Vuletich (mail lists) <juanlists at jvuletich.org> wrote:
> Hi Casey,
>
> Quoting Casey Ransberger <casey.obrien.r at gmail.com>:
>
>> Top post: Is there a market for a pure ST RTF implementation?
>>
>> My first thought is "it can't be that hard to do" which is of course
>> probably quite wrong, given that I don't know much about how RTF
>> works:)
>>
>> I'm curious about why RTF would live in a plugin, given that it's so
>> common a format. Is that because the plugin wraps some convenient
>> native libraries?
>
> No, you got me wrong! Maybe you'd check the code, but anyway... The
> RTF for StyledTextEditor is pure Smalltalk. The export was done by me,
> and was quite easy to do. The parser for import is based on Sophie's.

I remember that there disucssions on the mailing list about not beeing
able to use Sophie code because it is a different license. I assume
now with the github version control system this is a different issue
as the Sophie file is separated, right?

I read here
https://github.com/bpieber/Cuis-StyledTextEditor/blob/master/LICENSE
that the RTF import is BSD, the rest is MIT.

-- Hannes