[squeak-dev] 4.4 release plan

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Thu Aug 2 20:10:16 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2 Aug 2012, Colin Putney wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 3:05 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So, the plan right now is
>> * unwind Environments
>
> Ok, so how do we do this? I'd guess something like the following:
>
> • remove update 216

We can't remove updates from Trunk without breaking all updated
images, so that won't work (we don't want to break the "update button").
So, going forward is the way to do it. Push a new versions of the
packages which simply revert the changes. If something has to be unloaded,
then bump the version number of the VersionNumber package to ensure that
the update number will be higher than the previous one.

Levente