[squeak-dev] Pristine recent 4.4 image?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 12:14:11 UTC 2012

On 3 August 2012 13:00, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Aug 2012, Frank Shearar wrote:
>
>> This is a bit of a strange request, but anyway. Is there a blessed
>> trunk image lying around somewhere more recent than #11925? I ask,
>> because if I take that image (the latest one in
>> http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/) and try update it, I get an "Error:
>> Unmatched string quote" while processing update-eem.210.mcm. I vaguely
>> recall this happened around the last GetText changes?
>

> That must be a bug with that image. I just ran an update from a fresh Squeak
> 4.3 image and it got updated to the latest version in 2-3 minutes without
> hiccups.

I took the final release, changed its update to trunk, and got a
syntax error notification saying "Unmatched comment quote" during
update-b4.204.mcm. Same if I take the image from the all-in-one. I
don't see why VM version should matter but this is with Cog r2562. Ah.
No, it was the sources file that was a bit broken. Replacing with the
all-in-one's sources file I can update.

frank

> Btw, I'd like to see 2 CI jobs which test updating. One that updates from
> the previous release and is ran daily. The other is ran from the previous
> update. Ideally this would be triggered by a change done to the Trunk (if a
> change is done, then wait 5 minutes and if no other change occured, then
> start the update).

Currently you mean this to be "update from the official 4.3 release",
right? That's a good idea.

frank