[squeak-dev] #unload, preambleOfRemoval and Monticello

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Aug 14 15:08:23 UTC 2012

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> I'm pretty sure to have fixed MC's unload behavior at some point. I.e., sending #unload first before removing all the methods. Your workaround might be good enough for a single package but we should fix the general problem too.

The workaround is mine and neither #unload nor the workaround
(preambleOfRemoval) works.

> As for RFB, Levente said he was going to publish his new version in Ian's repository. Is this related?

Yes, this is one of the reasons why it's not out yet. Unloading is (and
will be) broken for all pre 4.4 images, I hope someone with better
knowledge than me will fix #unload at least, so it will work in 4.4.

Levente