[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Network-dtl.134.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Wed Aug 15 15:10:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of Network to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Network-dtl.134.mcz

> Name: Network-dtl.134
> Author: dtl
> Time: 15 August 2012, 8:25:27.537 am
> UUID: 04d48605-71ff-4afa-b61a-a749a603a2af
> Ancestors: Network-ul.133
>
> Fix for SocketTest>>testPeerName
> Use #remoteAddress instead of #remoteSocketAddress in Socket>>peerName.
>
> Follow up required: Implementation of remoteSocketAddress may be wrong, and is presumably redundant with socketAddress. The tests in NetNameResolver class>>testIPv6 should be converted to unit tests.

Right, #remoteSocketAddress shouldn't send #asSocketAddress to the result
of the primitive if #useOldNetwork is true. I'm not sure if the
implementation is right if #useOldNetwork is false, but it's unlikely
since the error came from that branch, but it might also be a bug in the
primitives.

While #remoteAddress and #remoteSocketAddress are similar, #remoteAddress
will always return an IPv4 address (unless the implementation of
primitiveSocketRemoteAddress changed), so I think both methods have some
value.

Levente