[squeak-dev] More packages updated on SqueakMap for Squeak 4.4

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Dec 2 20:43:46 UTC 2012

I have made 4.4 releases for these packages:

  OSProcess
  CommandShell
  TwosComplement
  SystemTracing
  TimeZoneDatabase

I also updated the VMMaker 'head' release to claim compatability with
Squeak 4.4. I do not intend to make a VMMaker release for Squeak 4.4,
because I would expect users to either be using the latest versions updated
from various repositories, or alternatively to be using some known version
of the sources obtained from squeakvm.org.

One annoyance encountered in these updates is that SqueakMap releases
apparently must be associated with one and only one image version. I think
this may be a change from the way SqueakMap used to work. In the case of
TwosComplement, I had to publish a complete new release for the identical
package version just make it appear 4.4 compatible, and in the case of
the various 'head' releases it means associating the bleeding edge version
with some specific version of the image, which presumably will become wrong
as the head version is advanced. Something tells me I'm misunderstanding
how this is supposed to work.

Dave