[squeak-dev] Proposed 4.4 Changelog

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 15:34:22 UTC 2012

* Old TextMorphEditor removed, ParagraphEditor now unloadable. New
stub TextMorphEditor added for legacy support (particularly
Connectors) which wraps TextEditor.

* Add host window support, letting you display things in a host
window. (Currently only on Windows and Mac.)
* Bugfixes in the Compiler, Parser and Debugger toolchain
* Stub support for the ability to evolve the bytecode set
* Better printing of Floats, hashing of DateAndTimes
* ChangeSorter improvements
* ToolBuilder improvements
* Merged network improvements from Etoys
* Monticello browsing can now group versions by branch, making
tracking of parallel developments easier
* Decreased coupling between core packages
* IPv6 support (if your VM provides it)

I've put the first item slightly separate because I'm not sure I
summarised things accurately.

If you have suggestions for improvement - particularly if there's
something important I've missed - please let me know ASAP. I'd like to
have all our ducks in a row by the end of the week.

frank