[squeak-dev] "Future Directions" welcome workspace

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 22:25:44 UTC 2012

Right now the "Future Directions" workspace says this:

<quote>
- This image is ~15M. If you execute - Smalltalk
unloadAllKnownPackages - it will become ~10M

- A SqueakCore image is available at http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4

- A reasonable target is the creation of a smaller image, which may be
a task before the community

- A place to explore where to make reductions is likely the
removal/replacement of GUIs

- Once we have a smaller core image, we can employ Andreas Raab''s
memo [1] on how to load code back into the image. This will be based
on tests delineating the separate responsibilities of core and
application developers

 [1]]http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-May/150658.html
</quote>

I'm reasonably happy with the above, unless someone has something
extra cool they'd like to mention?

frank