Andreas filedOut an instance? ( was Re: [squeak-dev] Proposed 4.4 Changelog)

Andreas.Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Dec 6 10:03:18 UTC 2012

Chris Cunnington wrote
> This string fed to TheWorldMainDockingBar spits out a fully formatted
> Workspace.
>
> TheWorldMainDockingBar instance
>          showWelcomeText: #welcomeToSqueak43
>          label: 'Welcome to Squeak 4.3'
>          in: (200 @ 200 extent: 500 @ 300)
>
> By hand, Frank has crafted a Welcome workspace with the underlines,
> bold, and fonts to his taste. Now he wants to know what to do to produce
> a string that can be saved as a method.

Just accept the text? Have you tried this? Because if you look at
#showWelcomeText:label:in: in my Squeak (4.4-12292) it says:

	"Change the following to allow editing the text"
	true ifTrue:[

In other words, editing is enabled. If it's disabled for you you might want
to change this line. Then just edit away and accept.

Cheers,
  - Andreas