[squeak-dev] squeak.org - new version

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Dec 11 23:11:11 UTC 2012

On 11-12-2012, at 9:13 AM, Chris Cunnington <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://box3.squeak.org:8624

Me likey. Label the thumbnails and call that top part done.
Ooh, I guess the 'write once, run anywhere' bit ought to be in quotes since it is something of an industry scary-monster meme.

For the Download I suggest -
Download
Get Squeak for your computer, whether it's Windows, Mac, Linux, RISC OS, OS/2, CP/M, IBM 360 (etc) below

On The Download Page
{I don't know what packages are being built these days, so modify to suit}
The Bumper Box Assortment - all the basics plus many useful applications and tutorial components for newcomers
[list of machine/os combos]
The Basic Goodness - the basic developer system that you addd your own goodness to
[list of machine/os combos]
Expert specialities - minimal images, server setups, games bonanzas, whatever
[list of special versions, suggest packaging without VMs for simplicity]
[list of VMs]

In 'Take Part In the Innovation' I suggest dropping the redundant 'downloading...'

tim
Useful random insult:- During evolution his ancestors were in the control group.