[squeak-dev] squeak.org - new version

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 20:57:18 UTC 2012

On 2012-12-12 3:37 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 2012-12-12, at 00:11, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>
>> On 11-12-2012, at 9:13 AM, Chris Cunnington <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://box3.squeak.org:8624
>>
>> Me likey.
> Yep.
>
>> Label the thumbnails and call that top part done.
> Not quite. Try making your window more narrow (or look at it on a mobile device). The blue bar doubles and there is a black button that I guess should hold the navigation info instead. Also, the margins in this narrow view are so wide that the screenshots become very tiny.
>
> - Bert -

For sure. These are known problems. There are things about that top menu
bar I need to learn (i.e. why it doubles). And my grip of how it renders
in the smaller screens is imperfect. In short, I agree with you that
it's not done. There are lots of details I need to get under. But as a
basic idea for how the site will look, a homepage with a carousel seems
like the way to go.

I'm going to give it a break for a few days and then I'll try and work
out some of Bootstrap's finer points.

Chris