[squeak-dev] From 2010ce47@student.uet.edu.pk

Azka Niazi azka.akn at live.com
Sat Dec 15 17:44:14 UTC 2012

Hi.

My mates and I are trying to understand Scratch and how does it interface with hardware.Scratch is written in Squeak. We understand that it is, however, essential to get comfortable with Squeak/SmallTalk.  We haven't found any real documentations on it, however. Simply staring at the source code might not be the best strategy.
One of our key targets right now is to get some map/key to the how is the source code of Scratch constructed so that:0. We can get an abstract view of the mechanisms involved.1. We find out where do our concerns lie most (in the source code of Scratch).2. We can find a better way to go through 310,000 lines of source code of Scratch.
We hope you can help us get the map/key we are looking for.Please share anything that you might have on this stuff. Any guidelines/advise will be highly appreciated.I am circumspect about emailing from a non-.EDU account. Due to some issues I can't access my student.uet.edu.pk email address. And I can't wait for Monday to get it fixed.
Thank you.Azka
Azka Arif Khan Niazi (2010-CE-47)The Computer Science and Engineering Department.University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore.