[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.4 RC 1

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 01:02:57 UTC 2012

On 2012-12-15 7:14 PM, Chris Muller wrote:
> I can't upload it because everything in /var/www/files/ is owned by
> "website" user/group, of which I am not a part.
>
> Ken or someone could you add me to the "website" group?
>
> PS - While I was in there the soft-link "current_development" and
> "current_stable" are pointing to 4.4alpha and 4.3, respectively.
> Those are owned by the "updates" user, maybe I should be added to
> "updates" too.
>
> Thanks.

Well, I think you can ftp to your home directory, upload it, and then
copy it over to the 4.4alpha directory.

I just spent a weird ten minutes changing permissions (Note Bene: I
changed them back) of that directory and I couldn't access it directly
with ftp (or sftp). I keep getting redirected to my home directory. So
it's clear I could ftp upload and then copy over.

You could do that, Chris. Or you could send the zip to me and I'll do
it. As a demonstration, I just copied a photo from the home page of the
nytimes.com to the 4.4alpha directory.

http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4alpha/nytimes_photo.jpeg

Chris