[squeak-dev] Squeak4.4 RC1 is available

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 21:16:23 UTC 2012

http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/Squeak4.4-12303.zip

I suggest we use a consistent naming convention that conveys the
general ("4.4") and specific ("-12303") version information.  After a
week has gone by for the community to download and verify it, there is
no need to deploy yet another (renamed) image, so the "candidate" is
truly a candidate for release -- the one that was tested.  Then all we
have to do is [ANN]ounce.

That it is in the "4.4" release directory rather than the "4.4alpha"
directory, anyone will know this is THE candidate for release.  In the
past we have tagged alpha images as, e.g., "Squeak4.2alpha-10160.zip"
-- which could still do for alpha images if we want to be sure the
names themselves carry a "quality disclaimer" tag.