[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.4 RC2 feedback

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:36:03 UTC 2012

Thanks for trying out the image, Edgar.

On 18 December 2012 11:12, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> First thing , this image only runs on CogVm.
> When unpacked , the fles was named TrunkImage.xxx and not
> Squeak4.4-120303.xxx or similar name.

I've mentioned before that I _can't_ name the file with a proper
version, because this image is currently _ahead_ of trunk. That will
eventually change, of course. I'll definitely note renaming the files
on my todo list.

> Performing the all 3272  test with
> Croquet Cog 4.0.2585 http://www.mirandabanda.org
>
> '3272 run, 3227 passes, 18 expected failures, 17 failures, 10 errors, 0
> unexpected passes'
>
> Failures
> LargeNegativeIntegerTest>>#testMinimumNegativeIntegerArithmetic

This is expected, and depends on the version of the VM you're running.

> LocaleTest>>#testLocaleChanged
> MCChangeNotificationTest>>#testCoreMethodModified
> MCFileInTest>>#testStWriter
> MCPackageTest>>#testUnload
> MCPatchTest>>#testPatchContents
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testNoSelection
> MCSnapshotTest>>#testCreation
> MCStWriterTest>>#testOrganizationDefinition
> MCWorkingCopyTest>>#testBackport
> MCWorkingCopyTest>>#testOptimizedLoad
> MCWorkingCopyTest>>#testRepeatedMerge
> MCWorkingCopyTest>>#testSelectiveBackport
> MCWorkingCopyTest>>#testSimpleMerge
> MCWorkingCopyTest>>#testSnapshotAndLoad
> SocketTest>>#testSocketReuse
> SocketTest>>#testUDP
>
> Errors
> MCChangeNotificationTest>>#testExtMethodModified
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testCategorySelected
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testClassSelected
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testClassSideClassSelected
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testComment
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testMethodIsCleared
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testMethodSelected
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testProtocolIsCleared
> MCSnapshotBrowserTest>>#testProtocolSelected
> MCStWriterTest>>#testInitializerDefinition

When you ran these, did you set the author initials? Did you see
FITBMs asking to set the author initials?

> In the Sunit test , some debuggers shows related with Sockets

Debuggers pop up during the test run? Or do you mean some Socket tests
fail? (Some do.)

> Added attached info is performing a script by Pavel, which shows the
> Unimplemented calls grows and grows.
> Two years ago was 206 .
> Jerome Peace put info about this in Mantis, but is old and can’t find it

I'll add this to the 4.5 list.

frank