[squeak-dev] RC-3 ready

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Wed Dec 19 00:00:08 UTC 2012

Just to be clear:

TransferMorph>>#dropNotifyRecipient does not seem to be used in the
trunk image: it's used in my own (old) code; the point here is that I
would rather like an error due to the fact that #dropNotifyRecipient has
actually been deprecated and is just missing, or even an error telling
me it's going to be deprecated soon, better than having an artificial
error looking like a leftover from a clean-up operation.

Actually now that I think of it, the best would be a specific Error or
Warning telling the method is on the death row, plus a preference
allowing all these exceptions to be ignored (this would be by default)
or raised (this would be "package transition mode", which I turn on when
I want to see if my code uses deprecated stuff or not).

Does it make sense ?

Stef