[squeak-dev] Release candidate Squeak4.4-12319 Test Results Cog OSX

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 07:08:51 UTC 2012

On 20 December 2012 02:55, Colin Putney <colin at wiresong.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Bob Arning <arning315 at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> 4.4 MCSnapshotResource mockPackageName ==> 'MonticelloMocks'
>>
>> 4.3 MCSnapshotResource mockPackageName ==> #'Tests-Monticello-Mocks'
>>
>> which seems to be due to
>>
>> 'From Squeak4.4 of 18 December 2012 [latest update: #12305] on 19 December
>> 2012 at 9:43:45 pm'!
>>
>> !MCMockPackageInfo methodsFor: 'as yet unclassified' stamp: 'cwp 8/1/2003
>> 20:31'!
>> packageName
>>     ^ 'MonticelloMocks'! !
>>

>> No such method exists in 4.3, so some code pieces the package name
>> together.
>

> Yeah. This goes back to some changes made to PackageInfo last year.
> PackageInfo subclasses are no longer detected in by PackageInfo
> class>>named:, they have to be explicitly registered. If I execute
> "MCMockPackageInfo initialize" all the errors go away, and I get only 3
> failures:

So I tried an experiment last night where I manually re-added
MCMockClassA >> #one, which failed dismally. Would adding
"MCMockPackageInfo initialize" be the right thing to do in MCTestCase
>> #tearDown? (That seems kind've strange; I don't see why that would
re-add a deleted method, for instance. Unless initialising wiped out
local changes... I'll try this out on the train to work today.)

> LocaleTest>>#testLocaleChanged
> SocketTest>>#testSocketReuse
> SocketTest>>#testUDP

And these are expected: the top test's broken, and the bottom two do
break on some platforms.

frank