[squeak-dev] Squeaksource, Squeak and Pharo..

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Dec 20 20:38:24 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

Dne 20. 12. 2012 21:28, piše Ron Teitelbaum:

> Does anyone have a practical solution for this problem?  What would be
> needed to make it so that I can write my package for different versions of
> Squeak and Pharo?

Solution is Metacello, where you can define exactly which version of
some package runs for Squeak, which for Pharo, which for both. You can
specify even for which version of Squeak or Pharo (or Gemstone) it
works. And which exact versions of prerequisites. Etc etc.

I'd really like that Squeak community adopt Metacello, this will solve
many such problems while not breaking all bridges to the Pharo
community. And vice versa!

Ask Dale Henrichs (author of Metacello) for help. He is a nice guy, you
can trust him :)

Best regards
Janko

--