[squeak-dev] Squeaksource, Squeak and Pharo..

Angel "Java" Lopez ajlopez at ajlopez.com
Fri Dec 21 17:51:52 UTC 2012

Even Eclipse is moving to Git and GitHub

Eclipse Says Goodbye to CVS
http://mmilinkov.wordpress.com/2012/12/21/eclipse-says-goodbye-to-cvs/

This is a journey that the entire Eclipse community has been on for at least
two years. I have to admit that when I first heard of the idea that we
should move the  Eclipse community from CVS to git, I was adamantly against
the idea. The notion seemed to big, too scary, and the idea that we could
get the community to move seemed too unlikely. But as time went by the logic
and benefits of moving to git started to clearly make  sense. The trend
towards social coding is huge. Working with the developer community which
has grown up around github is large and vibrant. It is critically important
to all open source organizations to make it as easy as possible to attract
more contributors, and leveraging git is a big part of making that happen.