[squeak-dev] Squeaksource, Squeak and Pharo..

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Fri Dec 21 23:46:39 UTC 2012

On 12/21/2012 11:35 PM, Benoit St-Jean wrote:
> I understand your point Ron but how do you handle multi-environment
> version (Cuis, Pharo, Squeak) of code ?  What if PackageX has a version
> 6 for Squeak, 7 for Cuis and a version 8 for Pharo.  Let's say that
> Package has different bugs on each environment?  Are we all gonna be
> commit-frenzy on top of each other for the same package?

Not sure I understand the described problem but Metacello explicitly can
describe #common, #squeak, #gemstone and #pharo etc - and this is
already in use and works for several projects.

Just by looking in my image I see that ConfigurationOfHelpSystem and
ConfigurationOfShout, OmniBrowser etc etc - they all do this already.

regards, Göran