[squeak-dev] Release candidate Squeak4.4-12320 ready

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Dec 23 20:55:25 UTC 2012

On 23-12-2012, at 12:41 PM, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:

> Smalltalk meant to be graphical, so I bet that the stupid thing used
> to be to not open a window...
> It may be that the shift of code was a few years late behind the shift
> of idea…

Well, originally Smalltalk simply took over the entire machine and so whatever else might have been running got terminated with prejudice and cleared off the screen. I'm thinking of maybe building a RaspberryPi SD card image that just does enough to allow Squeak to run. Sort a slot-in Smalltalk engine.

tim
Strange OpCodes: TOAC: Turn Off Air Conditioner