[squeak-dev] Re: New release candidate: 4.4-12324

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 11:34:32 UTC 2012

On 27 December 2012 11:00, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Frank,
>
> where can I have a look at the build script?
>
> And the console output is not very talkative....
>
> http://squeakci.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/17/console

* https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/blob/download-vms/release.sh
* https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/blob/download-vms/release.st

No, the scripts are not talkative at all. I'm really not sure how to
make them more talkative. Obviously in the shell scripts you can use
echo, but those do hardly anything. Really what I want is something
that writes to the Transcript when headful and to stdout/stderr when
headless. I don't think we have such a thing at the moment.

I also think that the ReleaseBuilder stuff doesn't belong in the Trunk
image and should be maintained externally. (MAYBE it could be loaded
into an image just as part of the release process, but really I'd like
scaffolding - ConfigurationOf packages, ReleaseBuilder stuff, etc. -
to not be in the image at all.)

frank