[squeak-dev] Re: New release candidate: 4.4-12324

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 03:44:36 UTC 2012

> OK, just loaded one of my projects and started poking around. This is by no
> means exhaustive, just what I happened to notice. On the "welcome" screen it
> says "Cleanup and simplification of Morphic text editing" but an old
> "feature" (bug) is still there. If I type "The second word is bold" and want
> to make the second word bold I double-click on "second" to select the word,
> then right-click to bring up a pop-up menu where I expect to be able to do
> that. The options available are
>
> set font ... (k)
> set style ... (k)
> set alignment ... (u)
>
> Setting a word bold should be on the style option, but when I select it I
> get a font selection tool. The first choice also leads to a font setting

Hmm, I agree.  That's strange they both seem to bring up the same thing.

> tool, although it is different. Neither offers bold, underline, italic, etc.
> The alignment choice does offer alignment options. If I halo the text and
> click Brown FF I get what I want, plus options to set alignment. Here is a
> clue: both of the first two options on the pop-menu show the same keyboard
> shortcut of k, which actually does what "set font" does. Seems as though the
> definition for the "set style" choice needs some adjustment.

I do think one of them is a capital K, the other is the lowercase variation.

I think most folks are so used to using the hot-keys for bold,
underline, etc. that this little bug just went unnoticed.  Someone
will probably sweep it up in 4.5.  The hot-key activation for bold
does work.  (See World menu | help... | command-key help for the full
listing).