[squeak-dev] [Test][Squeak4.4-12324][Failure] Compiler recompileAll

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 15:00:34 UTC 2012

On 29 December 2012 14:28, Nicolas Cellier
> 2012/12/29 Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com>:
>> On 29 December 2012 14:19, Nicolas Cellier
>> <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> This looks like decompiled code...
>>
>> That, and also note that the error's right the token "_r5", making me
>> think of the underscore-in-selector preference.
>>
>> frank
>>

> That would not be a solution because Decompiler messed temp var names
> and declaration.
> We shall better not trust the Decompiled code in this case...
> I thought this issue was solved, but my memory is more selective than
> an issue tracker ;)

I meant that it could be a confounding factor, not a workaround.

It seems sensible that decompilable code ought always to be
compilable. Further, I'd expect (assuming no Compiler changes) that
the original bytecode and the decompiled-recompiled bytecode to be
identical.

frank