[squeak-dev] 4.4 ready?

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Sat Dec 29 21:15:51 UTC 2012

How about deleting the broken 'set language' menu entry from
TheWorldMenu>>helpMenu
that David Lewis patched on Thursday? (*)

It seems misleading to ship with a menu item that does nothing.

Will Squeak 4.4 ship with any localizations, or only in English? If
not, then probably it is ok to delete the menu entry and wait for 4.5
to fix the localization regression.

Have fun and thanks for a great imminent release! David

* {'set language...' . {Project. #chooseNaturalLanguage}.
as mentioned in
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2012-December/167265.html

p.s. I can't find the draft release notes on the mailing list or the
swiki.  (I guess they aren't in the update stream. If they are, I am
afraid I don't know what method shows them.) Could someone post a link for me
please?

p.p.s. I am starting to hate 'new compose' in Gmail. squeak-dev
moderator please delete the earlier version of this message I sent
from an unsubscribed address.