[squeak-dev] 4.4 ready?

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Sat Dec 29 21:47:05 UTC 2012

Frank Shearar  wrote:

>> p.s. I can't find the draft release notes on the mailing list or the
>> swiki.  (I guess they aren't in the update stream. If they are, I am
>> afraid I don't know what method shows them.) Could someone post a link for me
>> please?
>
> The release notes do actually appear in the update stream, in the
> sense that the copy in the Welcome Workspaces appears in one of the
> more recent Morphic updates.
> They're deliberately short on detail,
> just punchy highlights.

Thanks to your hint I found them:

TheWorldMainDockingBar sourceCodeAt: #welcomeToSqueak

Punchy highlights are good.

> I think you may have asked for more detail on
> the Etoys network merge, so maybe you've actually seen them?

That wasn't me. That was Gary Dunn.

> (I plan to remove this at some point in
> 4.5: the Morphic package shouldn't depend on the ReleaseBuilder
> package.)

(You will move it to another trunk package, I hope. Maybe it is my
background in text-based languages, but I like to see release notes
under source code control, as they are now.)

Have fun! David