[squeak-dev] About the new Date

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 13:00:45 UTC 2012

On 10 February 2012 06:22, Brent Pinkney <brent at zamail.co.za> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One thing we can consider is a DynamicBinding that specifies the offset. If no binding, then use the global default.
>
> This is how lisp/scheme would solve it.

As long as we remember that we want _delimited_ dynamic binding,
because dynamic bindings and partial continuations don't work
together. (And we always have partial (and full) continuations, given
that we have thisContext.)

I have promised to look into how DynamicBinding and partial
continuations act (in particular, whether DynamicBinding counts as
delimited dynamic binding), and I apologise for my lack of time spent
on the matter. It's something for which I still need to make time.

frank