[squeak-dev] Are Objects really hard?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 21:49:04 UTC 2012

On 13 February 2012 21:31, Gary Dunn <garydunnhi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Chris Cunnington
> <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> "1. Anyone who writes with such emotionally charged, opinionated
>> language about JavaScript is unlikely to write anything of interest to
>> me. Reminds me of ESPN commentators, who manage to make a bad call
>> sound like a cause for WWIII, a shallow ploy designed to attract
>> attention to themselves."
>>
>> You find my charged language unbecoming.
>
> I thought the blog was written by David Nolen. I was not addressing you.

Gary,

I find it hard to imagine how you anyone would describe the post in
question as "emotionally charged". Did we read different posts?

"Opinionated"? Mildly. (a) Much less than we see on this list, and (b)
if you don't have an opinion, you don't blog, and (c) the opinion is
"Gosh, isn't Smalltalk like seriously readable? How can I steal that
for my own favourite language?" And, well, seeing as it's my hobby to
plunder Haskell and ML for shinies for Smalltalk, I can only respect
that.

frank