[squeak-dev] Are Objects really hard?

Tom Rushworth tom.b.rushworth at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 00:18:42 UTC 2012

On 12/02/13 14:04, Chris Cunnington wrote:

[snip]

> Being on the Board can be maddening. Has anybody noticed that it has a high
> attrition rate? You go in with the best of intentions and things seem so...
> static.

Things seem static in any group where participation is purely voluntary.
 It is sort of like herding cats - you can't force, or scare, or coral
them, you can only lure them into going where you want, and you can
never manage to lure all of them.  You have to adjust your idea of
success to include a few strays :).

Despite the static appearance overall progress does happen, just not as
much as or in the exact direction desired by any one individual.

We need the Board, so keep up the good work, and when it gets too
maddening, remember the successes not the failures.

--
Tom Rushworth