[squeak-dev] Re: Working with Spoon

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Sun Feb 19 10:01:32 UTC 2012

> I have some problem with doing this as the remote reduced image do
> not have a equivalent of SystemDictionary (or I still do not discover
> the through the Wormhole travel :=)

     Indeed, in future releases you'll be able to ask the remote
memory's wormhole some of the queries that used to be handled by the
system dictionary. For example:

-    Answer the class with a given base ID.
-    Answer the classes with a given name.

> Also I discover I do not can add a Class in the remote reduced image.

     Yeah, the system browser doesn't do that yet in that release, but
you can evaluate the expressions it would run, in a workspace. Basically
you create a ClassEdition (or ask an existing class in the local memory
for its class edition) and imprint it.

> Thanks Craig for you work all this years.

     Thank you!

> Hope you could come to Argentina for Smalltalks 2012, ask Elliot
> about mix jazz and our music in the memorable session he performs.

     I would love to!

     thanks again,

-C

--