Election 2012 soon.... (Re: [squeak-dev] Craig is running for the board in 2012)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Feb 22 18:41:45 UTC 2012

Göran,

> ...which kinda implies that the election process should be started :)

Yes, though nobody seems to be in much of a hurry. We have traditionally
held the elections near the end of February but I asked the board if
anyone would have a problem with it being in March this year and nobody
complained.

> I will try to get some time to start it during the next 7 days - anyone
> care to help me?

Thank you very much for doing this! One thing that the board was
supposed do to help was to define an official way to create a list of
voters. We did, in fact, promise to do this as part of our agreement to
join the SFC. But every year we don't address this issue until is too
late and then we just use the list from the previous year with ad hoc
patches and promise ourselves to "do it right" the next year.

-- Jecel