[squeak-dev] How to add packages to SqueakMap

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Fri Feb 24 14:53:49 UTC 2012

On 02/23/2012 07:03 AM, Chris Cunnington wrote:
> Hi Jin-oh,
>
> Hmm.. what to say.
>
> 1. SqueakMap is old and most people use http://www.squeaksource.com with Monticello.

SM is indeed old, but it still works.

> 2. It's an orphan because the person who built it has gone to Pharo.

Not really true. Yes, I (the author of SM) am using Pharo for my current
two private projects - but that doesn't mean I am "gone" nor that I
don't care for SM anymore. At the same time, I am not spending much time
on SM.

Now, Nicolas and I are working on SmalltalkHub which I think could
replace both SS and SM and end up *really* cool. Nicolas has done a
fantastic job so far.

But more on that in another post. :)

regards, Göran