[squeak-dev] FFI/linux dynamic library load order?

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Thu Jan 5 16:58:23 UTC 2012

Am 05.01.2012 16:29, schrieb Alexander Lazarević:
> Hans-Martin,
>
> this might be almost the same thing as I've seen here (there is also a link
> to what I got looking for the OpenGL library):
>
> http://forum.world.st/Re-Pharo-project-External-web-browser-tc4224837.html
>
> Alex

Thanks for the pointer! In the meantime, I found another discussion thread (sorry, didn't follow the mailing list
closely during that time) which is also related to OpenGL: http://forum.world.st/OpenGL-in-4-1-or-later-td3794639.html

Probably a good approach would be to drop the VM-level directory searching stuff altogether and rely on ld.so
exclusively. Maybe add some niceness by searching for 'libXX.so' as well when 'XX' was specified as the module.
For now, I'll probably hack some image-level stuff to make it work.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin