[squeak-dev] Host Window Support

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Jan 6 14:23:17 UTC 2012

On 06.01.2012, at 15:10, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jan 2012, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>
>> On 06.01.2012, at 14:55, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>>>
>>> It's a good start, but not perfect. The window is opened, it can be closed, but painting with the mouse doesn't work. Didn't try if it survives image closing/reopening.
>>
>> One thing to try is open a process browser and see if the process goes away after closing the window. That would mean that at least the event handling works.
>
> It does go away.

Good!

>> Displaying might work differently on Windows - is it possible it requires an external bitmap? I know Andreas is a freak for efficiency when it comes to rendering ;)

It seems to me it should work - I'm looking at ioShowDisplayOnWindow() in http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/platforms/win32/plugins/HostWindowPlugin/sqWin32HostWindowPlugin.c?rev=2173&view=raw
and it uses SetDIBitsToDevice() to draw ...

Do the old test methods on the instance side work better?

- Bert -