[squeak-dev] Re:NativeBoost and NBOpenGL on Mac?

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Wed Jan 11 17:34:36 UTC 2012

[cross-posting this reply because it certainly seems relevant to both
Pharo and Squeak]

This seems to me to be roundabout, and will make sure that any Mac
version of OpenGL will be far slower than any Windows version.

What I'm not understanding is how the current OpenGL libs can render
directly on the screen on a Mac, while the Igor's can't. The  Croquet
OpenGL package appears to be grabbing something from the Baloon3D
plugin, I think. Has anyone looked at how THAT tells OpenGL libs to
render to the appropriate area on the system window?

primCreateRenderer: flags x: x y: y w: w h: h
<primitive: 'primitiveCreateRendererFlags' module:'B3DAcceleratorPlugin'>
     ^nil