[squeak-dev] Re: How Morohs are rendered

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Mon Jan 23 16:38:27 UTC 2012

On the topic of fillrates and software blitters, has anyone considered
the use of QuickDraw regions to speed up the process? The patent expired
long ago, but the algorithm was designed to allow overlapping windows to
work on the original Mac, and was quite speedy. It was only superseded
by specialized hardware many years later, but still has potential uses
even though no-one bothers to.

L.