[squeak-dev] Smalltalk for small projects only?

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Sat Jan 28 16:21:59 UTC 2012

- Colin

On 2012-01-28, at 7:46 AM, "Janko Mivšek" <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:

> Are we because of the image really destined for relatively small
> projects and small systems (of Java 50 people project size)?
>
> Are we really not able to scale to bigger projects/systems because of that?

No. There a limit to how big an image can get, but that just means you
have to use multiple images. I've worked on several systems that
involved many images working together.

That's no different from any other language—eg. web servers written in
C start spawning worker process as soon as they need to scale.

Colin