[squeak-dev] Re: [Smalltalk for small projects only?

Steve Wart steve at wart.ca
Sun Jan 29 19:47:34 UTC 2012

Hi Dale

First let me apologize for using such a horrible IT euphemism. I have been
hanging around software politicians for far too long. I think you deserve
all the credit for coming up with an elegant and effective configuration
management system that has brought many parts of the Smalltalk community
together to build common, useful and practical tools.

Regarding your race suggestion, I think you are right that having more
choices will be good for the community. I can't claim that I don't have
resources available -  I can come up with a few hours a week to work on
this. I'll start with the links Frank posted, but I think the two
approaches in the end may share some common features.

I've been thinking about this idea for a long time but without feedback I
haven't had the courage to start. Maybe I can finally help.

Cheers,
Steve