Future of SCM (was Re: [Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Re: [Smalltalk for small projects only?)

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Mon Jan 30 08:15:12 UTC 2012

Hi!

On 01/30/2012 06:17 AM, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> On 1/29/12 9:43 PM, "Göran Krampe"<goran at krampe.se>  wrote:
>> Deltas that I started working with (and came quite far with the help of
>> Matthew Fulmer and a few others) goes a few steps further. A Delta
>> distinguishes developer intent in greater detail than MC and could
>> potentially be "smarter" because of that.
>

> What is the state of Delta ?

Last time I coded on it the Deltas themselves were almost complete. I
then created Tirade as a good format for them, and then got distracted
by other stuff.

> Dead ?
> Stopped for lack of time ?

Yeah, lack of time basically. Since it was only me, Matthew and Igor
working on it. Matthew has other stuff on his mind, and so does Igor.

So... if someone would like to reawaken the project I would be more than
happy to dig in and help out, much more fun working on it if I am not alone.

> You have a killer in this but sell to Microsoft / CIA / KGB and can't share
> ?

What?

regards, Göran