[squeak-dev] Installing Filetree

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Jul 4 14:08:53 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Dale has been working on a Squeak version of FileTree, which is a Monticello repository backed not by zip files, but a tree of individual class files that can be versioned using git, svn, etc:

https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/master/doc/SqueakInstall.md

Since I don't like cluttering my image with unrelated things, here's how to load it using just Installer - provided you have an up-to-date trunk image with the fixes I posted today:

========================
"Bootstrap from squeak43 branch in squeaksource3"

Installer ss3
	project: 'FileTree';
	install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.

"Load from local filetree repository (cloned squeak4.3 branch from github into image folder)"

Installer monticello
	mc: (MCFileTreeRepository directory:
		(FileDirectory uri: 'filetree/repository/'));
	install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core'

If you have an older image without the new fixes, giving an explicit version number for the ss3 bootstrap should make it work (e.g. 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43-dkh.70').

- Bert -