[squeak-dev] A plea for OSProcess on MS Windows

Shaun Johnson shaun at slugfest.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 12:23:04 UTC 2012

After lurking on the list for several years I finally have a project I
want to use Squeak for. This requires the execution of operating
system commands. I was surprised to find that the OSProcess plugin for
MS Windows is not part of the 4.3 All-in-One download wheras the the
Linus and MacOS plugins are included. I was unable to find any
repository of pre-built plugins, is there any such thing?

I finally overcame this problem by downloading the latest CogVM from
http://www.mirandabanda.org/ which does include the plugin and am now
happily proceeding with my project and with learning Squeak.

However I would like to ask that the next release includes this, in my
view, basic functionality for those of us stuck on MS Windows.

With thanks,

Shaun.