[squeak-dev] A plea for OSProcess on MS Windows

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 13:29:13 UTC 2012

I hate it when something like this happens, and I am unable to do anything useful.

I really need to put some of these M$ people (friends of mine, local yokals) to task on their promises of M$-Store Alma-mater pricing on the OS. With that I could at least add *something* to the dialogue by trying it... but alas. I have no money for Windows.

It's just that it's an obvious lame duck which despatately wants money or death, and lately death. VMS ends up eating it when you look at the stock tickers now. Weirdly I still want to feed the poor lame old duck and the people who love it, but...

Sometimes it's actually advisable to give up.

Maybe pick a different OS. Or invent one?

After all: an operating system is a collection of things that don't fit into a language.

Should there be one?