[squeak-dev] Pharo icons have taken over my Mac

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Jul 12 17:05:55 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-12, at 18:43, Chris Cunnington wrote:

> I start many images with many different vms. For some reason my Mac has decided that every Squeak image should have the Pharo lighthouse image. It's been like that for months. It makes sense when I start Pharo images, but I'm starting a 3.8 image and it's starting to get to me. Stephan Marr's 1.7M MVC image, I'm pretty sure, is not a Pharo image. It's getting hard to look at the Squeak icons on the changes and sources files and then a Pharo icon on the image.
>
> What have I done to my Mac to have this? Did I mess with a Plist or something?
>
> If there's a Mac wizard out there, perhaps you could tell me my why the Pharo icons are overriding the inherent icon for every Squeak image I have.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

There is only one default app to open a certain file type (as determined by file extension). You can set the default app in the "Get Info" dialog: right click an image file in Finder, select your preferred VM in the dialog's "Open with:" section, click the "Change All" button to apply for all .image files.

- Bert -