[squeak-dev] [ANN] Altitude

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Wed Jul 18 05:50:09 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 6:30 PM, radoslav hodnicak <rh at 4096.sk> wrote:
> Thanks. I find Seaside's security features very valuable for what I do but I
> also have parts of my applications that (should) behave more REST-like, so
> perhaps I'll take a look at Altitude for that eventually. Have you measured
> the performance advantages of using xtreams and if so, how?

I haven't compared Altitude against any other framework, but I have
done some comparisons of different implementations within Altitude.
One example is XTChunkedWriteStream, which implements an optimized
version of the chunked transfer encoding. When streaming a large JSON
payload it was (IIRC) 5x or 10x better than the naive implementation I
threw together.

It might be interesting to create a Seaside app and an Altitude app
the render the same test page and time them.

Colin