[squeak-dev] Re: A plea for OSProcess on MS Windows

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 19:20:19 UTC 2012

> Shouldn't there be a way for a package to specify such preferences
> just for itself?

There is.  FFI is "Commmunity Supported" so just put it at the top of
the SM script that loads FFI.

   1) select the "head" release in SM.
   2) right click, select "Edit this release"
   3) put the appropriate expression at the top of the script.
   4) fill in your SM id/pw, press Command+S on each of those fields.
   5) click the Save button.

Done.

> It seems to me, at the moment, that the tooling/infra-structure around
> Squeak is more difficult to learn than the language (including the
> standard classes) itself. I will struggle on.

Feel free to ask any questions here.

  - Chris