methods with (was:Re: [squeak-dev] The Inbox: FFI-Win32-JohnMcKeon.11.mcz)

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Wed Jul 25 18:42:39 UTC 2012

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012, Colin Putney wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> IIRC, Altitude actually does this in its load script (or something a
>> lot like it)... making it even easier to put in the base image.
>
> I just worked around the problem for the Altitude load script, 'cause
> I didn't know why #tokenish wasn't respecting the preference.
>
> Is there some reason it's not implemented like this?
>
>    ^ Tokenish includes: self

Yes,
- Tokenish is a class variable of String, while #tokenish is a method of
Character
- Tokenish is initialized based on what #tokenish returns
- $~ would return true, but it's not tokenish
- performance (though something like this could work if we had access to
Tokenish: ^(Tokenish at: value + 1) == self and: [ self ~~ $~ ], but see
below)
- Tokenish doesn't work with WideCharacters

Levente