[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak release process - CI server

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Thu Jul 26 14:45:59 UTC 2012

Chris Cunnington wrote

> <longer explanation/probably a rant>
> I don't think GitHub has anything to do with it. The Pharo Jenkins
> server doesn't use it.

Yes, that did seem a little ranty ;-) Pharo uses gitorious, for reasons you
can read about on vm-dev, which I don't think apply here. I suggested github
because I find it has better collaboration features

Chris Cunnington wrote

> This is interesting, but I don't think it works that way... I'm willing to
> be wrong, but I feel confident that
> things are as I just described.

That's how it works. You can check the scripts-download project [1] which
seems to use download.sh [2] to download the files via wget. If you want to
cherry-pick individual files, see [3].

The passion is great, but I could have saved you a lot of typing if you had
just asked ;-)

[1] https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/job/Scripts-download/
[2]
https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/job/Scripts-download/ws/download.sh/*view*/